I got a FOOD LOVER to share one of her famous recipes with us J, you can thank me later. Here’s Miss Louisa E. @lefretei
Food is my passion but sharing this passion is what I really love.
I’ve always loved food, ever since I was a little girl I could practically devour any pot of food simmering on the stove that my mom had made and I’d still find myself looking for something to munch and nibble on throughout the day. Let me shed some more light on that,
picture a little girl, 3-5years old sitting on a little stool alone in the corner of a kitchen, munching on a corn cob and pear while several already munched cobs litter the ground around her, staring at a pot of food on the stove, waiting eagerly for it to be ready…..
yes that was me….., Bear in mind I was as skinny as a rail which made my sisters jealous and bewildered as to why the runt of the house could eat so much yet remain so skinny.
Fast forward a couple of years……
I still enjoy my food immensely, and have decided to turn my passion and love of food into a nice source of income. Oh and yes i’m still the runt of the family thank you.
Enter Miss Louisa Efretei, the chef and caterer. (applause)
I’ve tried so many yummy new dishes in the process of creating my menus including Teri yaki chicken skewers; roasted chicken breast with a mango and almond glaze; white chocolate brownies and indigenous dishes like starch with banga soup and masa with my beef suya.
In my upcoming posts I’ll take you through my journey into discovering new dishes and testing my palate as well as give you easy to follow recipes to try at home.
6 zones wine soaked Chicken
Preparation time: 45 minutes
Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
For 4 servings you will need:
4 chicken breast filets
6 tablespoon al purpose flour
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
4 tbsp. Butter or margarine
¾ cup white wine (substitute with grape juice if you don’t drink alcohol)
1 tsp chicken bouillon (chicken broth)
¼ poultry seasoning
1 bay leaf
1 ¾ cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup diced onions
¾ cup diced celery
11/2 cup grated carrots
½ cup sour cream
Green pepper, diced, for garnish
Chopped parsley, for garnish
(You can find all these ingredients in your local market jor, if it’s not there, go to Shoprite. )
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix together flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Dredge the chicken breasts in this mixture
- Melt two tablespoons of butter in a large frying pan until bubbly. Brown chicken breasts on both sides in pan. Set aside
- Melt remaining butter in pan. Stir in remaining flour mixture until smooth. Add wine/grape juice to water. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in chicken bouillon, poultry seasoning, bay leaf, mushrooms, onions, carrots and celery.
- Add chicken breasts. Cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked to your liking.
- Remove chicken to plate
- Stir sour cream into pan. Cook just until heated through. Pour sauce over chicken and serve. Sprinkle with parsley and/or green pepper.
A perfect drink to go with the delicious 6 zones wine soaked chicken is a CRANBERRY
6 parts cranberry juice
2 parts fresh lime juice
Sprig of mint
Combine the juices in a cocktail shaker with lots of ice and shake well
Strain into glasses and garnish with lime slices and sprig of mint and VOILA!!! you’ve got a perfect light mock tail to go with your delicious chicken.